1970 -- Name the title and the artist for each lyric.
All of the following songs were out in the year 1970, and received airplay
in the USA. Some were #1 hits, while others were quite obscure. Some artists
will appear more than once in the quiz.
[I did most of these straight from memory, so if you find an error, please let me know.]
Email me your guesses and I will send you the answers. Have fun!
1. She's really got a magical spell
2. Seems I hear your voice callin', "it's all right"
3. Make someone happy, make someone smile
4. I still feel the motion here at home in bed
5. Dyin' young is hard to take
6. Oh how I long to take your hand and say, "don't cry "
7. Then go back to the places where we used to go and I'll be there
8. And there's nothing short of dying that's half as lonesome as the sound
9. Don't let this smile I wear make you think that I don't care
10. Burning like a silver flame
11. This summer I hear the drumming
12. Put my gun down--the war is won
13. When I'm standing in the rain, you can come and be my friend
14. You're heading for a danger zone
15. I have no tears to cry for her and my only thoughts of her are kind
16. And all these things were yours and they were mine
17. At 6 o'clock the sun was rising upon the world
18. I couldn't feel more secure, you know I couldn't feel any better
19. Did I hear you say that there must be a way ?
20. Don't they remind you of us when we were young?
21. Right or wrong, we go strong
22. The love I depended upon, disappeared when you went away
23. She sounded lonely so I'm on my way
24. You hang around, baby, with Jean and Joan and a who knows who
25. And my heart beats with the rhythm of her sighs
26. I just can't remember who to send it to
27. Then she met Tony, whose background was shady
28. And if you say, "Hey, go away," I will
29. On a bus, in a bar, in a grocery store
30. Let your love light shine on me
31. I got up to wash my face
32. Tells his wife he can't imagine where the money went
33. And all you can do is laugh at her, doesn't anybody know how to pray?
34. So just look at them and sigh and know they love you
35. Until then I'll write you everyday
36. When I die and they lay me to rest
37. We love everybody but we do as we please
38. And if our backs should ever be against the wall
39. Young man of 17 in Sunday school, being taught the Golden Rule
40. Come along and do it, there's really nothing to it
41. I can take you to the nearest star
42. I'll never see your smiling face or touch your hand
43. Under God's heaven the world's gonna find a way
44. Gonna camp out on the land and try and set my soul free
45. Woman you touched 'a my soul now
46. Did you pay your dues? Did you read the news?
47. He did wonders when the times got bad
48. I hear a hundred goodbyes but today I hear only one sound
49. While I listen to you play your love songs all night long for me
50. How in my silence I adored you
51. He's the one you're thinking of
52. Good men through the ages trying to find the sun
53. The world is a bad place, a bad place, a terrible place
54. You've got a sweet disposition
55. Find us a dream that don't ask no questions
56. She danced around and round to a guitar melody
57. You are my whole, babe, my heart and my soul babe
58. Cutting up the marble canyons of my mind
59. Remember me my darling when spring is in the air
60. You took me from the shelter of a mother I had never known
61. How can you tell the rhythm written on the bar?
62. I'm gonna make her mine if it takes all night
63. You can have your fortune told, you can learn the meaning of soul
64. Lone rangers and strangers will knock at her door
65. We bled inside each other's wounds
EMAIL ME AT "email@example.com" OR CLICK HERE